Now here is ‘a funny thing’ (not really funny, more INCOMPETENT if truth be told.)
The UK Government(sic) decided some time back, to recommend that anyone over the decrepit age of 50 years old, should take STATINS.
This drug was heralded as being the money saving answer to the increasing expenditure that the NHS were annually shelling out on people that were found clutching frantically at their left hand pocket of their pyjama jackets.
The spin, in ‘SUN SPEAK’, went something along the lines of:
1. Statins reduce Cholesterol. (Yes)
2. Cholesterol is a bad thing. (Bollox!..Bad Cholesterol is a bad thing))
3. Cholesterol gives people heart attacks (See 2)
4. Heart disease costs the NHS lots and lots of money! (Certainly)
5. Therefore take Statins and reduce your chance of a heart attack and this will give Gorge Heartburn some extra cash to splash. (Not on the NHS)
“Now heres a really funny thing”
Taking Statins will increase the chance that you will become a Type 2 Diabetic. (Google it)
The cost of treating diabetes has risen to more than £2.2m per day official figures have shown.
So…all the money Gorge Heartburn was licking his lips over, has disappeared in the time it takes to order a Big Mac and a Coke!
Go well, go safe .. Nuffzed.
NB: Before any Allopathetic(sic) nerd start taking me to task in regard to this blog post and it’s content, please arm yourself with some facts for discussion pasted below.